The Scheme of SIPP aims to promote awareness and adoption of Intellectual Property Rights amongst Start-Ups. Scheme is inclined to nurture and mentor innovative and emerging technologies among Start-ups and assist them in protecting and commercializing Intellectual Property Rights by providing them access to high-quality IP services and resources. For the purpose of facilitating the Start-ups and giving them assistance while getting their Intellectual Property registered in India, the Controller General of Patents, Design and Trademarks (CGPDTM) also appoints a panel of Facilitators.
The Facilitators would perform the below mentioned functions-
- Providing general and basic advice to the Start-ups with respect to different Intellectual Properties.
- Providing information regarding protecting and promoting IPRs in different countries.
- Providing assistance and guidance in filing the applications for registration of Intellectual Properties like Trademarks, Patents and Designs and disposal of the same at the Indian Offices under the CGPDTM.
- Drafting Specifications, Claims, response to Examination Reports/Queries etc.
- Attending hearing on behalf of Start-ups.
- Contesting third-party Oppositions.
- Ensuring disposal of the IPR applications.
The Facilitators are not allowed to charge anything from the Start-ups for the services provided by them. Further, the Facilitators will be provided with a fixed amount of fee by the Central Government and it will not be entitled to charge any amount apart from that to the Entrepreneur.
The facilitator would get Rs 15,000/- at the time of filing, another 15,000/- at the time of final disposal.