BGI is a deep innovation global accelerator based in Lisbon (Portugal) and Cambridge (MA/USA). BGI is directed at would-be tech entrepreneurs and Innovators (tech start-up / university spin-outs under 5 years old), working on 4 market verticals:
1. Medical Technologies & Health IT,
2. Smart cities & Industrial Tech,
3. Enterprise IT & Smart Data,
4. Ocean Economy.
- 20 teams are selected to BGI accelerator and benefit from expert mentoring amounting to over 1.150h, which includes boot camps in Lisbon (Portugal) and Cambridge (USA). This free of charge in kind support is valued at 1 million €.
- About 11 out of the 20 accelerated teams attracts some form of venture financing (40% non dilutive and 60% risk capital sources).
- 4 selected ventures are also supported by BGI Award sponsor - Caixa Capital, with up to €500.000 in convertible notes.
Last date: 24th May 2015.
BGI Ambassador in India
Author, An Entrepreneur's Journey in pre-Liberal India (Amazon and Kindle)
Member At-Large Advisory Board
Acara, U of Minnesota, USA