Grand Challenges Explorations fosters innovation in global health research. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has committed $100 million to encourage scientists worldwide to expand the pipeline of ideas to fight our greatest health challenges. The grant program is open to anyone from any discipline, from student to tenured professor, and from any organization – colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organizations and for-profit companies. Round 6 is now open.The topics for Round 6 are:
- Design New Approaches to Cure HIV Infection;
- Create the Next Generation of Sanitation Technologies;
- The Poliovirus Endgame: Create Ways to Accelerate, Sustain and Monitor Eradication;
- Create Low-Cost Cell Phone-Based Applications for Priority Health Conditions;
- Create New Technologies to Improve the Health of Mothers and Newborns.
Lat date November 2,2010URL:http://www.grandchallenges.org/Explorations/Pages/ApplicationInstructions.aspx