Time Temperature Indicators, or TTIs, are printed labels that display a colored visual summary of the elapsed time-temperature history of a product in the cold chain. OnVuTM TTIs from BASF are low-cost, easy-to-use indicators that can be applied to food packages and medical products. They monitor the integrity of the cold chain, helping to ensure that refrigerated products keep fresh. Cold chain monitoring can be done that:
- Allow food producers and retailers to guarantee the freshness of their products
- Reduce food wastage along the cold chain
- Can reduce the occurrence of illness related to insufficiently refrigerated food
- Improve the safety of medical products like vaccines and blood products
- Reduce the number of medical products that have to be discarded because of a disruption in the cold chain.